Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ham and Cheese Stuffed Apples

As promised, here is the recipe for the Ham and Cheese Stuffed Apples. I never was a huge fan of baked apples. Mainly because I don't like raisins and normally every baked apple recipe has raisins in it. I saw some alternative toppings in the Everyday Food magazine and wanted to try this. I do love a slice of apple on my grilled cheese so I figured this wasn't far off.

2 apples, cored and halved
2 slices of deli ham, cubed
3 Tbsp of breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
1/4 cup shredded cheese
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp of butter



Mix breadcrumbs, ham, cheese, mustard and butter in mixing bowl.

Lay apples on baking sheet.

Top with ham topping and bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.




 I could've let them stay in longer to get toastier, but I was starving and pulled them out after 25 minutes. Man, were they good!



0 comments:

Post a Comment