Sunday, October 7, 2012

Slow Cooker Sunday: Chicken Nachos

It's one of my favorite days today. Slow Cooker Sunday. I had a request for a huge plate of nachos to go along pajamas and football today. So we're changing it up and making chicken nachos.

Here's how I made the chicken:


1 package of chicken (1 pound)
1 1/2 Cup of chicken broth
1/2 packet of Taco Seasoning
1/2 packet of Ranch Seasoning


Put in all in the slow cooker...give it a stir...cook low for 6-8 hrs or high for 4 hrs.

**My favorite tip I learned is to take the whole cooked chicken breasts out of slow cooker (hot doesn't matter) and put into your Kitchen Aid Mixer with the paddle attachment. Turn it on low speed and viola!! Shredded chicken a whole lot faster than using 2 forks. Just put it right back into the slow cooker with all the good juice and flavor and ready to serve!**

I put chips, chicken, jalapenos and cheese in the oven at 350 until cheese melted and then added lettuce, tomato, sour cream. Any toppings would be fantastic.






0 comments:

Post a Comment